Monday, May 5, 2008

Quick Meal Idea Six-Part eCourse - Freezer Cooking

I don’t know about you, but I have a lot more time to cook some nights than others. When I do have extra time, I try to cook an extra batch of food, stick it in the freezer and then just grab a meal that’s ready to be heated and served out of the freezer on the days when we’re really busy. Here’s a list of things I tend to either cook in batches, or cook while I’m working on that day’s regular dinner and then freeze for later.


 


- Lasagna – anything from regular meat versions to vegetarian ones. Just assemble and freeze, then bake as usual straight from the freezer.


 


- Soups or Stews – Almost any type of soup or stew freezes well. I always cook these in double batches and freeze one. The only exception I’m aware of is chicken and dumplings. The dumplings just don’t turn out well when they are frozen. Some soups with chunks of potatoes can also get mushy, so test a small batch first.


Read more about Quick Meal Ideas Freezer Cooking...

No comments: